"We have to love until it hurts. It is not enough to say, I love." We must put that love into a living action, and how do we do that? By giving until it hurts." Mother Teresa

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Book Review: Percy Jackson Series

I started reading the Percy Jackson series back in mid March I think. I LOVED THEM!! If you like greek mythology (or kinda liked it) I would suggest these books. The Gods are all there, and they got a make over. The author does a good job justifying why they are in the U.S. and not Europe.

At first I was worried that the books were going to very Harry Potter-esque. They aren't. I think they are better. First of all there are only 5 books, and they are not very long. And the main characters are very different. I enjoy Percy's sense of humor over Harry's lack there of.. also the supporting characters are much more interesting, and have their own subplots.

Like most YA books there are some predictable plot twists, but there are a lot of surprises.


The movie is being released at the end of June. I didn't see the movie, and I heard that a lot of changes were made. Don't they always make a lot of changes?

No comments: