"We have to love until it hurts. It is not enough to say, I love." We must put that love into a living action, and how do we do that? By giving until it hurts." Mother Teresa

Monday, November 4, 2013

Updates Perhaps?

The commitment of a blog is clearly just too much for me to handle-I'm clearly finding having two is overwhelming. ;) But here I am for my quarterly check in on the blog. This year has been CRAZY! As I get older, I apparently become busier and busier. 

Mom's Cancer: So it's gone. (end of update)....Just kidding. Things I learned from this time around: people get very uncomfortable with cancer jokes. Mom had a long recovery, well I felt like it was a long recovery, but is doing well. Her fake boobies are finally here. And because my family is who we are pictures were sent out of her new inserts. They look great! According to Kim they feel real-I just want to take them and slap someone with them. (is that crossing a line? I really have a sick sense of humor)

Other Boob News: I survived my first mammogram. I leave the details out, but it's safe to say that I made awkward jokes. Oh, and I'm cancer clear. Mammogram: 0 Juli: 1. I'll see you in April mammogram. 

Work: I'm exhausted. Not like abandon ship exhausted, just exhausted. I have decided that I need to make it a priority to stop working each day. Some days are easier to do that than others. It has been hard to accepted that I can't get everything done for work each day and still be a sane person. 

New News: 
- I applied to grad school. Fingers crossed. I will know in December if I got in to the program. 
- I started playing the cello again. Every Sunday in a community orchestra. Muscle memory is fantastic. Our first concert was yesterday-we were pretty awesome. 
- I hired a personal trainer. Yup-paying someone to kick my ass two days a week is already paying off. I am loving it. Weights with the trainer two days a week, and cardio four days a week-30 minutes to myself has been just what I needed. 
- It's Thanksgiving so that means it's time for me to make my menu for the Big Day. LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!

xoxo
(Maybe I will blog again in another 6 months, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.) 

No comments: