"We have to love until it hurts. It is not enough to say, I love." We must put that love into a living action, and how do we do that? By giving until it hurts." Mother Teresa

Sunday, August 17, 2014

BBQ Chicken

So I (like most people) love Pinterest! I don't spend hours mindlessly pinning things, but lately I have been trying to make at least one recipe a week that I have pinned.

Today I made Slow Cooker Honey Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches from Uncommon Design Online. I have never made anything from this blog before, but I am glad I tried this one. Hope at least someone else enjoys it!


Slow Cooker Honey Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
Ingredients:

  • 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 
  • 1-18 oz bottle honey barbecue sauce
  • 1/2 c Italian dressing 
  • 1/4 c brown sugar
  • 2 tbls. worcestershire sause

Directions: 
  1. Place chicken in the slow cooker (frozen or thawed, I used thawed)
  2. In a bowl (or large measuring cup) mix together the rest of the ingredients. 
  3. Pour over chicken 
  4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. 
    • I cooked mine on high for three hours and it came out perfect. 
  5. Shred chicken with two forks 
    • You can remove chicken to do this, I just do it in the crock pot-one less thing to clean.
  6. Eat and Enjoy!


My recipe had a lot of sauce left over, so it felt more like sloppy joes, which I love! I had no shame and eat my sandwich with a fork :) 


Be full!
Jules 

No comments: