"We have to love until it hurts. It is not enough to say, I love." We must put that love into a living action, and how do we do that? By giving until it hurts." Mother Teresa

Sunday, November 8, 2009

I did it


So I actually got a dog. I thought that I was going to get to the pound, and not find one, but I did.

This is a picture of him via a reflection in the mirror. Right now he is probably about 17 pounds.
He knows how to howl, and for which I feel bad for my neighbors, and he knows how to sit on command.

He is teething, and he has those terrible puppy teeth. Seriously those things could rip through everything.
The pound told me that he is part blue heeler/australian shepherd. I think he also had quite a bit of German short hair pointer.

House breaking has been difficult. He is getting better about telling me when he needs to go. I tried bell training, and he his catching on to that, but it is going really slow.

He eats everything in sight. And literally inhales his food. I worry that he might get bloat when he is older so I am trying out different things to get him slow down.


Work is going well. Basketball is going to start soon, and I am pumped to start. My classes are getting ready to start reading either "The Giver," or "The Outsiders."

I am ready for Thanksgiving break. I am working on my list of things to make, which always includes my pumpkin pie. I got the recipe from Paula Dean. I recently made apple pie cupcakes from ann-eats.com they were fantastic. There are a lot of great looking recipes on her website.

Well that's all for now.

No comments: