"We have to love until it hurts. It is not enough to say, I love." We must put that love into a living action, and how do we do that? By giving until it hurts." Mother Teresa

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Back to Books

Before I start this blog, my dog has gone crazy. He is currently under the bed making a multitude of odd noises-from a low growl, to this like higher pitched my tummy hurts growl. It is a little ridiculous, and ridiculously cute.


okay focus, reading...

I just finished reading Kathy Griffin's book, "For Your Consideration." I loved it! I thought it was going to be laugh out loud hysterical, but it wasn't. It does have several funny moments, but plenty of serious ones that show just how hard she has worked for her craft. I have seen her live here in Indianapolis, and it was a really really good show. If you don't like vulgar language/stories or stories about celebrities then do not go see her. Her book is not as vulgar as her standup. Then I also read most of "Sh*t My Dad Says." FANTASTICALLY FUNNY BOOK!!!

Clearly by the title you can probably infer that this is not a book for everyone. I found the quotes to be really really funny. Laugh out loud funny, and share to your family and friends funny. If your family and friends do not find quotes from a 74 year old man with no filter (seriously no filter) funny then they will just be offended by the book. I would suggest you get new friends and family, because this shit is funny. It is a mix of just quotes, and then short little stories. They are things that I would imagine you would THINK about saying to your kid, but then would probably never say them. If you want a preview of the quotes here is the twitter page http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays


I have yet to start "Love is a Mix Tape" by Rob Sheffield, but it is sitting here. I am not quite ready for a sad book. However because I can't keep myself from looking at amazon.com I have found some books to add to the list of soon to buys:

1. "Anthropology of an American Girl" this one is like 600 pages so it is clearly an investment of my time.
2. "The Surgeon" by Tess Gerritsen, cop book that is the basis for the new TNT show "Rizzoili and Isles" I love a good murder/cop book, just like I love those shows.


okay well I guess that is my entire list. For some reason I thought it was going to be a longer list...

1 comment:

Cathy Willman said...

The Tess Gerritsen books are great. I can't put them down. I'd read them all before the show came out.