"We have to love until it hurts. It is not enough to say, I love." We must put that love into a living action, and how do we do that? By giving until it hurts." Mother Teresa

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow days

Well today was a snow day, as was yesterday. I am not really sure why we had one yesterday, but oh well. Yesterday I was productive and went the grocery store, made cookies, and a roast in my slow cooker. And I read a book. I am one of those people that will sit down, and read an entire book in one sitting. Thankfully Loki is still on his doggie downers to help keep him calm which allowed me to read. Yesterday I also slipped and fell flat on my back on the ice. Today I am feeling it for sure.

Quick Loki update. 5 days until the staples come out, and I have only had one infection scare. When I got home Monday after school his incision looked off. I called my vet who told me to get him to a vet when I could. I found a great vet up here that saw me right away. He said it was just irritated, and needed a steroid cream. He hasn't been licking at it too much so he doesn't wear the cone unless he is in his crate. He weighed in at 47 lbs. He has also developed some different sleeping habits, such as sleeping under my bed, under the heater in my bathroom, or under my pillows...

Today I have been lazy. I took a two hour nap, and that's about it. I have been watching SVU on my bluray player because Wednesdays always turn out to be crappy TV days.

The book I read yesterday is called "Murder 101." It is a book Kim got for Christmas that I swiped when I was at home this past weekend. I wasn't expecting much, but it held my attention all day. There were also some funny lines throughout the novel. I am hopefully going to take the second one from her when I go home this weekend. So far there are four books in this series. I don't know how Kim heard about this books, but I am glad she got them for Christmas!

This up coming weekend I am getting together with my best friend, Megan. We try to meet up when we can, but I haven't been able to see here since Thanksgiving Weekend. We are doing a Christmas gift exchange. I have no idea what I am getting her, but I have narrowed it down.


No comments: