"We have to love until it hurts. It is not enough to say, I love." We must put that love into a living action, and how do we do that? By giving until it hurts." Mother Teresa

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Well that mac and cheese I made last week was delicious! This week I am making an Asian Beef and veggies dish. The recipe calls for bok choy, but I changed it to broccoli and asparagus. The asparagus was on sale so I figured why not give it a go. I am also hoping to try out an easy beef stew slow cooker recipe.

Last week ended up feeling very rushed for me. I only had one basketball game, it was a tourney game. We lost which made my weekend much more enjoyable by not having to return to Tippy Valley at 7am on Saturday. My car broke down on Monday-got that fixed ASAP. I also went to two varsity basketball games this week. One at North Miami and the other at Hamilton Heights High School. The boys varsity team at Peru has won the conference and sectionals start Friday. I am pretty excited to see them play. Friday I went to the game with Stacey and Lukas, hilarity on the car ride home. I haven't laughed that long in awhile.

This weekend was mostly spent sleeping. Yesterday I did much of nothing, and it was wonderful. Today I went into work and got my desk cleaned out. I had lots of things piling up. Tuesday we are starting ISTEP. Students and teachers are going to be exhausted. I am glad that when I was taking the ISTEP it didn't really make that big of deal how the school did or didn't do.

I have no idea how well the kids are going to do. I think most of them just don't care, and there really isn't much that I can do about that. I can't force anyone to care about anything. I had several parent meetings last week where we had to tell them that we would most likely be holding their child back if their grades/ISTEP score did not show improvement. Some of those parent meetings involved students that were held back for half of the year. I am not sure why they were advanced when they were not passing the repeated classes first semester, but none of the teachers know the answer to that question.


I haven't really been reading lately-no time. Basketball ends on the 8th, and we started academic super bowl last week. I like to call it nerd herd.

I bought some tulips last week to help bring in some spring time to my apartment. They did the job and then died...I think I am going to buy a couple of flower pots and plant some flowers on my balcony. I want to get a spider plant or something for my classroom.

Tootles!!

No comments: